Selecting the right eyeglass lens depends largely on its function. From single vision lenses to progressive polycarbonate lenses, we are happy to help you find what best suits your needs. At EyeCare Specialties of Arizona, we have a full-service optical lab that produces your lenses with the latest state-of-the-art technology. Contact your practice for more information.
Longer Lifespan of the Lenses
Glare Reduction for Safer Driving
Protection from Accidental Scratches
Easy to Clean due to Water, Dirt, Grease and Dust Repellant Layers
Attractive Sun Lens Tint when Outdoors
Exceptional Indoor Clarity
100% Protection Agaisnt UV Rays
100% Protection Against Harmful Blue Light
Reduces Eye Fatigue
Improved Visual Comfort
100% Protection Against UV Rays
Richer Contrast & Visual Clarity
Reduces Eye Fatigue
Improved Visual Comfort
Available Lens Materials
PLASTIC CR-39 is the choice for the budget-conscious consumer. Despite the versatility of plastic lenses, they are NOT suitable for children because the material is not impact resistant and tends to crack and scar. Other materials such as polycarbonate, trivex or high-index materials are preferred.
• Good optics, lighter than glass
• Available in many styles
• Easy to tint
POLYCARBONATE lenses are thinner and lighter than regular CR-39 plastic lenses. They also offer 100% protection from the sun’s harmful UV light and are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than plastic or glass lenses. Regular glass and plastic eyeglass lens materials can shatter upon violent contact in the same way that car safety glass does. This can cause serious injuries to your eyes and face.
• 25% thinner than plastic
• Impact resistant
• Absorbs 100% of UVA/UVB
• Standard for drilled rimless frames
TRIVEX lens material is an advanced technology that brings an unprecedented combination of crisp, clear vision, ultra-lightweight comfort, unsurpassed strength and protection to patients. For reading, computer work, driving, and any time vision acuity is important. Trivex material provides the optical quality that optimizes corrective prescriptions and helps to reduce eye strain. Unlike other lens materials, Trivex material blends the benefits of lightness and thinness, often resembling the thinness of a high index lens, but weighing even less than polycarbonate. Lenses made with Trivex material are a great choice for anyone who leads an active life and expects clear, crisp vision correction, lightweight comfort and protection from their eyewear.
• Clear, crisp, vision
• Lightweight comfort
• Strength and protection
HIGH-INDEX lenses are preferred for individuals with stronger prescriptions. These patients’ vision can be corrected with less material, allowing these lenses to be much thinner. Patients will enjoy thinner, more comfortable eyeglasses with high-index lenses. There are now a variety of new plastic lens materials that bend light more efficiently than the conventional plastic lenses used for eyeglasses. So now your same nearsighted prescription can be corrected with less material to correct the same amount of nearsightedness.
• Thin and lightweight appearance an excellent choice with many frame designs
• Absorbs 100% UVA/UVB
• 60 lenses are excellent for drilled rimless frames
• Plus lenses are flatter to reduce the “bug eye” effect
• Many high index lenses come systematic with a superior scratch resistant AR coating
ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING reduces eyestrain caused from glare, reflections, and increases your vision at night.
• Allows your vision to be sharper and reduces reflections in your lenses
• Reducing eye strain and fatigue making your eyes more comfortable
• Protects lenses against scratches and smudges
• Helps repel dust and water
BLUE LIGHT PROTECTION reduces eye fatigue to provide a strain-free visual experience, while providing the most complete protection from harmful blue light. Blue light is given off from any digital device.
• Decreases digital eye strain when looking at computer, TV, phone screens, etc
• Decreases symptoms of dry eyes, sticky eyes, and the feeling of grittiness or “sand” in the eye
• Increases visual performances in situations of low contrast
SCRATCH TREATMENT helps prevent scratches from damaging your lenses.
• Minimize everyday wear and tear to help protect your lenses
• Extends the life of your eyeglasses
UV PROTECTION decreases your eyes exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays.
• Adding the coating can block 98-100% of transmitted and reflected UVA and UVB rays
• Decreases your chance of serious eye problems, such as, cataracts and macular degeneration